Combine adventure, nature & blissful relaxation into an incredible 16-day trip in Costa Rica! You will travel from the Pacific to the Caribbean coast, exploring the most impressive volcanoes, beaches and rainforests in Central America. Carefully selected lush accommodations will be a welcomed refuge following days spent surfing, snorkeling, hiking, horse-riding and rafting. For those wishing to visit Costa Rica between July through October, don’t miss out on the possibility of seeing our resident turtles!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your tropical adventure begins…
• Arrival at San José International Airport
• Transfer to your hotel to get settled in for the night
• Spend the evening exploring the city by foot
Fly straight into paradise…
• Transfer to the airport for your flight to Drake Bay
• Check into your hotel for the next 3 nights
• Explore the rich biodiversity of Osa Peninsula
Today’s your chance to pick an activity…
• Set off on a boat excursion through Corcovado National Park
• Or, go for a guided hike through the park
• Either option is great for wildlife spotting of tanagers, kingfishers, guans or scarlet macaws
Take to the seas…
• Snorkel off Caño Island, past mangroves and dolphins
• Choose from two beautiful nature trails across Caño Island
• Keep an eyes peeled for rays and sea turtles
Hispanic architecture and clear waters...
• Transfer to the Sierpe River, then Manuel Antonio
• Check into your luxurious hotel and get settled in
• Admire Manuel Antonio's stunning ocean and rainforest
Dig deeper into the mysteries of the jungle...
• Go on a guided walking tour through the park
• Learn about the bizarre geological formations of the area
• After, hit the hotel pool with a cocktail in hand - a perfect finish to a great day
One day in the Park just isn’t enough…
• Return to Manuel Antonio for another walking tour
• Spot wildlife you may not have seen the previous day
• Spend the rest of the day at leisure
Marvel at a magnificent volcanic crater…
• Head for the staggering sights of Arenal Volcano
• Check in to your hotel and admire the unmatched views
• Take advantage of the tranquillity of your hotel
Only good choices here...
• Set off on a river rafting excursion
• Horse-back ride to La Fortuna Waterfall
• Zip-line above the canopy or walk over its suspension bridges
Take a ‘Me’ day…
• Spend the day as you wish, relaxed or active
• Take advantage of the many optional activities on offer
• Go for a soak in the hot springs or the hotel spa
Head over the sultry Caribbean coast…
• Head to Guapiles early in the morning for the next stage of your journey
• Visit a banana processing plant
• Glide along the canals of Tortuguero, ‘Venice in the Jungle’
Watch out for crocs (don't worry, they’re rare)...
• Rise for an early canal tour to spot tortoises
• Climb Tortuguero Hill or head back to the canals for more exploration
• Relax and enjoy the area, or just lay by the pool
Into the lap of luxury…
• Transfer to the shimmering South Caribbean
• Check into your beach-side hotel and get settled in
• Sample the available activities – snorkeling, kayaking, or surfing
Explore life under the sea as well as above it...
• Take a guided tour of Cahuita National Park
• Get your snorkel out and explore the underwater
• Keep an eye out for nesting sea turtles
Make the most of it...
• Wake up late and take it easy
• Head back to San José in the afternoon
• Enjoy your final evening watching the sunset
We hope you've had an incredible trip!
• Take in the sights of the city on your final morning
• Transfer to San José Airport for your flight home
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.