If you would like to experience a little bit of everything during your time here in Ghana, then our Ghana Cultural, Historical, Wildlife and Hiking Tour gives you a perfect introduction to this wonderful country. Mixing culture, history, and wildlife depending on the tour you choose with meeting locals and experiencing how daily life is for the people living here. Wonderfully welcoming locals, ancient cultural sites of interest, beautiful beaches, dark historical past, and exceptional flora and fauna are just waiting to be discovered.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Accra!
• Transport from the airport to your hotel!
• After breakfast we depart Accra and start our journey towards the Volt region of Ghana, passing over the magnificent Volta River on route.
• Before we head out of this bustling city we stop first at TK beads, experts in making beautiful traditional beads using ancient methods. • Our next stop during our journey will be to visit the Shai Hills Reserve, an expanse of Savannah grassland and woodland dominated by large rock formations.
• After lunch and only if time permits we will enjoy a short river cruise in a local canoe enjoying the scenery as we head downriver.
• We then continue our journey and transfer to our accommodation in Hohoe, the second-largest city in the Volta region of Ghana.
• A beautiful setting as we enjoy our breakfast before we set off for the Wli (Agumatsa) Falls found in the Volta Region of Ghana.
• On our arrival, we will trek through the thick semi-deciduous forest leading to the falls from Wli village.
• We can relax and enjoy a paddle in the pool beneath the waterfall which is safe for swimming if you are feeling adventurous, before setting off to the town of HoHoe for our lunch.
• The afternoon is spent with the locals from the village of Tafi Atome, a wonderful community protecting a population of endangered True Mona monkeys.
• We venture into the surrounding forests to see these beautiful primates and during the walk, our local guide will identify the many medicinal plants that grow here and explain how the locals use them to make traditional herbal remedies.
• Our morning will be dedicated to hiking Ghana’s highest mountain Afajato which is an elevation of approximately 885 meters.
• Later, we will head to the beautiful Akuapem hills with outstanding views across Accra and Tema in the distance. At the top of the range, we find the Aburi botanical gardens.
• As we walk around the gardens our guide will identify the many trees and plants found here, some with medicinal properties and explain how they benefit the locals.
• A short distance from the gardens we find the relaxed and friendly Aburi craft village, where traditional African drums, sculptures and other crafts have been carved for generations.
• An early start as we set off through Accra on our way to Cape Coast and Elmina.
• As we are traveling through Accra we will take this opportunity to visit some of the main attractions in this big, bustling city as we pass through the economic and administrative districts on our way to James town.
• A walking tour of this old community taking in some of the historical structures that predate the colonial era.
• In the afternoon we pass by Black Star Square which houses the independence monument. After, we will continue to Independence Square which is our main ceremony grounds and where we find the enclosed flame of African liberation, which was lit by Kwame Nkrumah himself in 1961.
• A busy day ahead as we set off for walking tours of the ancient towns of Cape Coast and Elmina.
• During our time in Elmina, we visit the local fishing market and walk the short distance to visit the boat builders in this community.
• Next, we visit the nearby Cape Coast Castle which has been designated as a world heritage site by UNESCO.
• Our afternoon is dedicated to immersing ourselves into true African art during a traditional batik making workshop with Global Mamas.
• An early start as we set off for Kakum National Park in the morning, after breakfast and Africa’s world-famous rainforest canopy walkway.
• We are sure you would agree that this is an exciting excursion never to be forgotten!
• During our time in Elmina town, we will visit the castle of St. George in Elmina. This is the oldest extant colonial building in sub-Saharan Africa dating from 1482.
• A wonderful day lies ahead as we enjoy a relaxing breakfast before setting off to visit one of the schools our company has been able to build through responsibly minded travelers like yourselves booking tours through us.
• An afternoon of traditional Djembe African drumming and dance lessons have been arranged for us to enjoy! Our expert teacher will take us through the rhythms and moves of some local classical music.
• An early start this morning as we set off Westwards after breakfast heading through Takoradi the capital of the Western Region.
• Our aim is to reach Beyin in time for lunch prior to setting off through the beautiful Amasuri wetlands in a traditional dugout canoe to find the community of Nzulezu Stilt Village.
• During our time here, we will visit Fort Apollonia whose construction was completed in 1768 and now houses the Museum of Nzema Culture and History. An informative museum focused on the history of the local ethnic group here Nzema.
• Finally, we set off towards Ankasa Reserve which is connected to the Nini-Suhien National Park and protects an area of over 500 square kilometers of mostly pristine wet evergreen upper guinea rainforest.
• More fun today as we dedicate the next two days to getting around on mountain bikes which is a wonderful way to experience life, landscapes and the African breeze here in the Western Region of Ghana.
• After breakfast, we set off on the short journey to the entrance gate of this forest habitat. There is a road that runs through this beautiful forest that protects many mammal and bird species that include forest elephants amongst others.
• Our day is dedicated to riding in this protected area and we may also do some hiking to see the beautiful bamboo cathedral and forest swamps.
• We return to our accommodation for a late lunch before an afternoon of biking around the remote roads and tracks in this area that service small villages and hamlets.
• Depending on how we feel this morning there is the option to go to our next location: Axim, for beach relaxation.
• Today is dedicated to recharging our batteries from the excitement of the previous few days touring Ghana.
• Axim is the perfect location to unwind and relax overlooking the beautiful Gold Coast of Western Africa.
• A relaxing time on the beach prior to breakfast. Today is mostly a travel day as we load up our vehicle and set off eastwards after breakfast to Accra stopping for lunch on route.
• Your final day in Ghana, after breakfast at our hotel, we set off for our tour of Accra, passing through the economic and administrative districts on our way to the National Museum.
• After this excursion and some lunch, we may have time to head to the Accra Mall to give you an insight into modern-day Ghana. An opportunity to also purchase some last-minute souvenirs before heading home.
• When you are ready, our team will transfer you to the airport for your departure!
$5,830 estimé par adulte
Cette idée de voyage est entièrement personnalisable avec l'aide de votre expert·e local·e.
Le prix final de votre circuit est susceptible de varier en fonction de vos dates de départ et des étapes, activités ou hébergements souhaités.
Retrouvez ci-dessous les budgets moyens observés selon les périodes* :
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Prices Starting From
|From January to December||$5,830|
*en voyageant avec Evaneos, vous avez l'assurance de soutenir l'économie locale de votre future destination. Retrouvez nos engagements pour des voyages plus justes et plus durables sur notre Charte Better Trips.