This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Our expert local tour guides will meet with you on your arrival at the Kotoka International Airport Accra, which is situated on the beautiful gold coast of Western Africa.
• After boarding our vehicle, which will be your mode of transport for the duration of your tour, we transfer you to your accommodation which is situated in Accra.
• An early start after breakfast as we set off heading West out of the busy bustling city of Accra and head to Cape Coast.
• On arrival in Cape Coast, we meet our bikes before visiting the Cape Coast castle which has been designated as a world heritage site by UNESCO.
• Quality time will be spent in the afternoon on an emotional journey touring this castle which held more enslaved Africans captive than any other in West Africa, viewing the dungeons and the infamous “Door of no return”.
• Another early start today as we set off on our bikes to possibly Ghana finest beach location at Brenu Akyinim.
• The ride will be along tarmac roads as we pass through Ankaful before joining the main Cape Coast to Takoradi road.
• We branch at Ayensudu for the final 9km to Brenu aiming to arrive before lunch. Brenu is a local fishing community of approximately 2000 residents and we will relax at one of the beach bars for a few hours and enjoy our lunch.
• A good opportunity to walk along the golden sands and to the nearby lagoon whilst lunch is being prepared. After recharging our batteries, we set off back to Jukwa arriving in the early evening.
• We set off after breakfast on the shorter ride of approximately 16km to Kakum National Park and the world-famous canopy walkway. This is a truly beautiful, tropical guinea rainforest and the canopy walkway is sure to be a highlight of your time in Cape Coast.
• This national park protects the original habitat that was found in this location and was the local’s home and the major source of food. The walkway consists of 7 bridges, attached to 7 emerging trees, 40 metres above the rainforest floor. Prepare to take a deep breath as you walk the suspended bridges.
• We return to the park headquarters where we find an excellent information center that offers a very informative overview of the park's flora and fauna. Over 40 different mammal species have been recorded within the park, which includes forest elephants, leopards, and 6 primate species to mention just a few.
• After lunch, we set off on the next adventure of your time here with us as we head to the Western Region, close to the Cote d’Ivoire border at Ankasa Reserve.
• After breakfast, we set off on the short journey to the entrance gate of this forest habitat. There is a road that runs through this beautiful forest that protects many mammal and bird species that include forest elephants amongst others.
• Our day is dedicated to riding in this protected area and we may also do some hiking to see the beautiful bamboo cathedral and forest swamps.
• We return to our accommodation for a late lunch before an afternoon of biking around the remote roads and tracks in this area that service small villages and hamlets.
• Our evening will be spent relaxing at our guesthouse in preparation for the following days riding.
• Our plan is to make our way back Eastwards over the next few days riding the coastal roads and feeder roads that connect many of the old colonial towns and communities.
• We return along the dirt road from Ankasa Forest to the main Cape Coast to Takoradi road which we continue along for a short distance before taking the quieter more remote road to Half Assini and coastal town in the Western Region of Ghana. Our plan is to either take a packed lunch or stop at a local small restaurant during our ride which depends on your preference.
• Our aim is to reach the town in the late afternoon where we can look around mixing with locals and seeing how life is for the people living here.
• Today is fully loaded with activities as we check out our hotel after a hearty breakfast and depart for Nzulezo for the 40km ride to the stilt village. • After a few hours of relaxation and refueling, we set off to the community living on water at Nzulezu. The village is reached by canoe through the largest intact swamp forest in Ghana, the boat ride is as much fun as the village itself. We will be told the reason for their choice of location as we interact with the locals, for they are not fisher folks but agriculturists.
• After an enjoyable time visiting this community we return to terra firma and ride to Fort Appolonia, the last fort built by the British on the Gold Coast.
• After our time here we ride back to our accommodation to relax and enjoy our evening meal.
• Another scenic ride along quiet roads as we set off from Beyin after breakfast and head further eastwards to Axim which has possibly Ghana finest remote beaches.
• After lunch we can ride to see Fort San Antonio which is located in the bust fishing town of Axim and located on a beautiful beach close to the Ankobra River.
• An interesting excursion learning the history of this fort as we spend time in the town before returning to our accommodation for the final evening of our trip here in Ghana.
• Our final day with you here in Ghana and a well-deserved relaxing morning at our beachfront hotel here in Axim. Our vehicle will collect us after breakfast in mid-morning as we set off to Accra stopping for lunch on route.
• On arrival back in Ghana’s capital city, we may have time to head to the Accra Mall to give you an insight into modern-day Ghana.
• An opportunity to also purchase some last-minute souvenirs before heading home.
• Our early evening meal will be taken at a locally owned restaurant serving an excellent selection of local and international dishes which gives us an ideal opportunity to say our goodbyes and reflect on a wonderful time together. After your meal, we will transfer you to the airport for your departure.
$3,220 estimé par adulte
Cette idée de voyage est entièrement personnalisable avec l'aide de votre expert·e local·e.
Le prix final de votre circuit est susceptible de varier en fonction de vos dates de départ et des étapes, activités ou hébergements souhaités.
Retrouvez ci-dessous les budgets moyens observés selon les périodes* :
*en voyageant avec Evaneos, vous avez l'assurance de soutenir l'économie locale de votre future destination. Retrouvez nos engagements pour des voyages plus justes et plus durables sur notre Charte Better Trips.